When you buy a car, you are going to have to pay for maintenance, gas, and auto insurance. These things can add up over time. It is important that you find good deals on these things in order to keep your costs down. Good deals on gas and maintenance might be hard to find, but everyone can save money on auto insurance. Many people think they can find good rates themselves, without using an auto insurance agency. But is this really wise? The downside of doing your auto insurance yourself is that if you do not know what you are doing you might not get the best deal, and you might not get the best auto insurance coverage.
Here are a few reasons why using an auto insurance agency is a good idea.
If this is your first time buying an auto insurance policy and you are not sure about all the terms and conditions, you might benefit from using an auto insurance agency. The people working at an auto insurance agency will have all the answers to your questions. They will also be able to get you inside information on what is going on with auto insurance policies. This can almost always guarantee you a good auto insurance rate.
Basics things that you must know about auto insurance:
Insurance is a vital part of car documents. A car is not allowed to roll on the road without an auto insurance cover in Miami, Florida. Not having an insurance cover can attract legal action.
Why auto insurance – It protects your car and helps you in coping with the expense of accidents, damage or theft. While you are driving, you are not only responsible for yourself but also the safety of, your passengers, other drivers on the road, other people’s property and pedestrians on the road.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage of your auto insurance pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you’re financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto insurance policies are for six months or a year. Your auto insurance company should notify you by mail when it’s time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It’s really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you’re in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- Not only is having auto insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your auto insurance agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the auto insurance company’s level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What’s the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file an auto insurance claim.)